150413 ~ Canuck Conjugate Method
Our 1RM testing has been completed, and our Record's board has been updated with all of our new PR's. The time has come to start our 1st cycle of 2015! Our programming will loosely be following The Conjugate Method originally developed by Louie Simmons of Westside Barbell. The theories of this style of programming have been adapted to attack our weaknesses with both the barbell and our skills.
- The entire CrossFit Canuck membership needs to significantly improve on our T2B, C2B, and MU skills. It's time to cut free of the bands, and stop the reliance on K2E! Let's get those lats, and core strong enough so we can complete these movements for multiple reps.
- Our Barbell cycling was good....but we need to be able to push and string more reps together. Every second counts, and if your barbell isn't moving, you are missing out on precious reps!
- General Conditioning & The Row: If you are finding that it's your lungs that are giving out, there is a supplementary rowing program that would really help out with your Cardiovascular endurance. Please email me firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like a copy of this supplementary programming.
- Raw strength! The 1RM C&J gave us a good picture of how our box matched up strength wise. The Canucks can move very well with the barbell.....it's time to Move more Weight Quickly!!!
So how is the Conjugate method going to help us attack our weakness and achieve our goals? We will be using a series of movements in various rep schemes matched with gymnastics progressions to help us not only get stronger but more skilled!
2015 Goals Board
The time has come!! The Goals board is ready!! This is a No Excuse Board for the 2015/2016 season. You have had a chance to review and reflect....now it's time to put your $$ where your mouth is. There are chalk markers at the front desk....all members are encouraged to complete a post. Once that goal is up.....it not only yours, but the responsibility of the Canuck community to help you achieve it!!!
Cheers to the next 14 Weeks of the Conjugate Method Canuck style!!! If you are consistent and focused, the results will come!
4 min ME T2B
Record total completed & longest set.
Every 90s x 9 min
3 @ 50%
3 @ 60%
3 @ 70%
4 x 3 @ 75%
** T&G If Possible**
Every 90s x 9 min
5 @ 50%
5 @ 60%
5 @ 70%
4 x 5 @ 75%
AMRAP 10 min
Hang Snatch (115/75#)
Burpee Over Bar
1) Acculmulate 2 min Hollow hold & 1 min Superman hold
2) Weighted Situp 3x10 Heaviest Possible
Posted on Sun, April 12, 2015
by Sue Ann Van Damme