160226 ~ 1st Ever Friday Night Lights!! Let's Get Ready To Rumble!!!
Tonight marks the 1st ever Friday Night Lights!! If the atmosphere is anything like our Thursday night Throwdown, it's going to be one crazy night!!! For many of you, this will be your 1st Open experience! For my seasoned veterans who have been there before.....it doesn't make things any less nerve wracking. During the Cool Down Show, Nicole Carroll had some great words of advice....I couldn't have said it better myself!
Know yourself as an athlete:
Think through your strengths and weaknesses in relation to this workout. Discuss a strategy with your Team Captain and try to stick to your plan! Be prepared if your plan goes out the window within the first 5 min.
- If you can't go UB, break up your pullups into managable sets. Do not work until failure, then have to rest for a long period.
- Commit to 25 Feet of UB Lunges...don't drop the bar - this will take up too much time and energy!
- Stay Calm, Breathe, and find a pace that allows you to move with little rest.
The Open is about our awesome community. Rise to the occasion and put your best forward. Not just your best score, but our best in terms in things like:
- Determination - Pick up the bar a little quicker. Take a little less time in transition
- Composure: Move Well Stay Calm
- Integrity: Hold yourself and eachother to the movement standards
- Dignity: Hold your head high, smile at yourself and your teamates no matter how well you do (or don't)...know you are doing something AWESOME!!
20 min AMRAP
25' OH Walking Lunge (95/65#)
25'OH Walking Lunge
8 C2B Pullups
Mobilize & Socialize....have some fun...The Open is HERE!!
Posted on Thu, February 25, 2016
by Sue Ann Van Damme