170102 ~ Open Season Training Begins!
Typically January is when gyms around the world fill to capacity. New goals are set, resolutions established, realities of what was consumed over the last couple months are realized. Unfortunately, much like Ronda Rousey's 2016… these “new year, new me” plans fail to live up to the vision we had for them.
So what can we do to make 2017 our best year? How can we make sure we don’t fall short of our health and fitness goals? What will it take to ensure we stick with the plan we set for ourselves? Here are a few things to think about and put into action that could actually work and lead you to being the best you you’ve ever been!
- Take a moment to reflect on 2016. Remember the good, celebrate the successes and be thankful for them. Be honest with yourself and recall the failures, the missed opportunities, the plans we had but didn’t quite carry out. Hopefully we learned from those experiences and can now better repeat the wins and see the failures before they come again.
- Set some goals! In establishing these goals, try to make them measurable. For example, ‘my 1 rep max back squat is 200 lbs and I want to back squat 300 lbs’. Keep them realistic. ‘I currently weigh 150 and want to add 15 pounds of lean muscle’ vs ‘I currently weigh 150 and want to weigh 215’. Share the goals you set with your family and friends, in this case…Us! The Goals Board will be wiped this week to make space for our 2017 Targets!! If you aren’t sure what your goals should be, we’d be happy to assist! Just ask a coach or shoot us an email.
- Make your body a priority – Your entire life on earth will be in this one body. A lot of people take better care of their car than their own body. Prioritize! Make this body last a lifetime! The most important piece of this puzzle is diet. Put good stuff in and the results will show. After diet, your exercise program is the path to looking and feeling great!
- Track your progress. If you haven’t tracked your progress toward goals in the past, this may be the single addition to your arsenal that propels you to new heights. Whether you use a personal journal or an app on your phone, just log your results consistently and success will follow. You can even use your Zen Planner to help log and track your workout results!
- Last but not least, Celebrate success! As a community we celebrate PR’s. As an individual, when you reach a goal enjoy the win! You didn’t fall short, you stuck with your plan and now you get to celebrate yourself and your commitment to making a better you.
I write one of these posts around this time every single year! When you read this (or something like this) next year, will you be a better version of your current self? Rely on the strength of your community to support you in this journey!
Every 2 min x 15 min
Start at 50% and increase by 10 lbs every round. Work up to a 5RM
In Teams of 2:
4 min AMRAP
You go I Go Style:
5 TNG Power Cleans (135/95#)
5 Burpee Over Bar
10 Wall Balls (20/14)
Rest 1 min
**Pick Up Where You left off. Score = Total Complete Rounds**
Partner Plank War
Challenge your partner…who can stay up the longest?
Repeat with side planks.
Posted on Mon, January 2, 2017
by Sue Ann Van Damme