Open Kickoff Week!!!
It's 2017 Open Kick Off Week!! For those of us who have had the luxury of previously participating in the Open, enjoy these last couple of days before your entire life get's captivated by the leaderboard, videos, and all things OPEN! For all the Open rookies....fasten your seatbelts....you have just registered for an exciting 5 weeks!
This year we will be training through the Open! Training will be business as usual, with minor adjustments to help us prepare for the surprise task that Castro has planned for us. We have worked hard all year for this....now it is time to Test Your Fitness.
Our programming will resemble the following:
1. Monday will be a heavy day. These will be low reps of approx. 3-5 sets. These reps will be heavy, but we are not looking for 1RM or PR's. These heavy lifts will help to cause a CNS stimulus and hormonal spike which will benefit you later in the week - making you primed and ready to CRUSH IT at Friday Night Lights!!
2. WODs on Tuesday & Wednesday will be programmed for high intensity, not volume. (I.e. Short WODs, light weights...go all out!)
3. There will be an additional focus on our Skills & Efficiency (this provides additional neurological stimulus)
4. If you are attacking the Open WOD on Friday, it is recommended that you take a rest day on Thursday.
Even better...come on in on Thursday Night...and watch the Open Announcement with your Canuck Family!!!
5. Make sure that you are eating, sleeping, and hydrating well!!
Please note that this is a rough template that we will be following.....you know your body best!
Enjoy the experience....don't get too caught up in the Hype!!
Let's Go Team Canuck 2017!!
Posted on Mon, February 20, 2017
by Sue Ann Van Damme